- MTN Ghana has reveled its new service “Roam Like Home.” Roam Like Home is a new roaming tariff that allows MTN Ghana subscribers to only pay for the local rates charged for Voice, Data and SMS while travelling in any of the 21 countries in which MTN operates.
- MTN South Africa said it has now made Simfy Africa available for ZAR 49 per month and it is offering a two-week free trial period. MTN customers will be able to listen to all of their favourite music via streaming or in an offline mode from their computer, tablet or smartphone. Customers need to register and create a username and password, then download the Simfy Africa mobile application from the Android, iOS or Blackberry stores, or access Simfy Africa via their website.
Vodacom Tanzania is offering all users unlimited access to mobile internet on its new ‘Uhuru Wa Kweli’ data bundles, irrespective of what type of phone they use, available on all daily, weekly and monthly plans. The cellco’s managing director Rene Meza said the move is designed to help ensure Tanzanians have access to the internet at affordable rates and to narrow the digital divide in the country. Uhuru Wa Kweli allows Vodacom Tanzania users to purchase a daily data bundle for TZS1,000 (USD0.62), or TZS6,000 for a seven-day equivalent, while monthly data bundles will cost TZS20,000.
- Telecel Zimbabwe has launched a promotion to allow subscribers access Facebook Zero, the Facebook mobile web-site optimised for speed with zero data charges. Whether with or without airtime, the subscribers will acces the service for free via zero.facebook.com, or 0.facebook.com to be able to do just about anything as if they were on desktop or mobile but for free unless browse images, video clips and third party sites which carry an 11 cents per megabyte cost or aaccording to their data bundles.
- Media and telecoms group Millicom International Cellular (MIC) says its Tanzanian mobile subsidiary has created a ‘Tigo Business’ unit to develop a series of products using high speed fibre connections across the country to support the needs of large corporate organisations, as well as small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Tigo Business commercial services will be available from the third quarter of 2014, with Millicom Tanzania (Tigo) currently working on the expansion and improvement of its existing fibre infrastructure.
- Vodafone Ghana has said it is going to make available on all social media platform the live streaming of the 3rd Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) slated for the Saturday the 3rd May, 2014. Vodafone Ghana is sponsoring the country's biggest music event for the third time. This year's event according to organizers promises to be a most exciting event in Ghana.
- Kenya's Orange has rolled out its 3G network service into Uasin Gishu County. The 3G network will initially cover Eldoret town and its environs, the Moi University locality and Iten.