Angola: Fire Destroys TPA Studio
A fire believed to have been caused by a short circuit destroyed the broadcasting studio of the State-run "Televisão Publica de Angola" (TPA) on Tuesday in Luena, eastern Moxico province.
Speaking to Angop, the head of TPA technical department, Estêvão Jorge, said the incident destroyed three plasma television sets, one computer, four projectors and other equipment that secured the broadcasting of the satellite signal.
He deplored the suspension of live transmission of the "Bom dia Angola" programme broadcast from the central studio in the country's capital, Luanda.
The source who would not mention the amount of the damage, called for the earliest replacement of the equipment destroyed. The studio was installed two months ago and started operation last week.