What have we done
Consultancy projects have included:
- Producing a business plan for a learning channel for a leading regional production company.
- Identifying the market potential for a Pay-TV operation.
- Carrying out a feasibility study of a terrestrial fibre route from Lagos to Accra.
- Identifying the number of base stations and towers used by Africa’s mobile operators and the likely growth over the next 3-5 years.
- Research on the deployment of WiMAX-relevant spectrum in selected African countries.
- Assessing the current state of play with the transition to digital broadcasting in 23 countries.
- Providing consultancy and research to an African carrier on national backbone prices, transmission spectrum prices and new investment opportunities.
- Advising an African Government on how it might develop its national backbone through creating a separate infrastructure company with the involvement of the country’s private carrier.
- Examining the feasibility of clustering the regional call centres of a well-known multinational.
- Acting as adviser to two well-known North American companies looking to invest in Africa.
- Providing advice on international bandwidth prices, IP networks and wireless delivery at the local loop level to an SNO bidder in Southern Africa.
- Researching mobile operator loyalty programmes for an equipment vendor selling a music player.
- Organising a workshop (with APC and OSIWA) for African regulators from countries that are members of the SAT3 international consortium and presenting information on comparative satellite and fibre prices.
- An investment appraisal of a wireless broadband operator for a South African bank.
- A study to develop Open Access models for internet and telecoms in developing countries (infoDev).
- A study to look at the telecoms interconnection between West African countries (ECOWAS and World Bank).
- A two-stage study implementing an African Internet Exchange Point (IDRC).
- An assessment of investment finance options for African telecoms and Internet infrastructure (DFID).
- A study of telecommunications infrastructure and development initiatives and projects in Southern and East Africa (e-Africa Commission and World Bank).
Past research projects include:
- A survey of public sector IT opportunities in three countries.
- A survey of IT opportunities in the private sector in six countries.
- A continent-wide satellite and fibre pricing survey.
- A continent-wide survey of voice minutes and bandwidth data.
- A survey of broadband pricing and implementations across the continent.
- A five country survey of Wi-MAX licensing.
- A survey of demand for an international fibre project.
- A survey of IP backbone implementation for an IP equipment vendor.
- A survey of demand for a “digital village” science park.
- A survey of five ICT country markets for an IT company.
We write clear, jargon-free analysis that helps identify key strategic decisions and always deliver within an agreed timetable to the specified budget.