Content In Brief
- Cape Town-based Steps International has been listed in Realscreen’s Global Top 100 Production Companies working in non-fiction.
- The South Africa-set film "Do You Believe in Magic?" directed by Daniel Roth and filmed in Cape Town as a joint production with Movie Makers International and Jon Seidman, has been named best documentary at the 4th annual African Academy Awards in Nigeria.
- Sixteen of South Africa’s talented aspirant film professionals have been chosen from hundreds of applicants to attend MultiChoice’s Film Talent Incubator. The Film Talent Incubator initiative was introduced in 2007, in response to South Africa’s burgeoning film industry - an industry where skills development remains a major challenge, particularly for previously disadvantaged individuals.
- Mali-based Pay-TV station Africable gave a press conference last week to present the two candidates selected to represent Senegal in the fourth broadcast of African reality TV show "Case Sanga 2” in Bamako (Mali).
- BBC Worldwide Channels last week announced its plans to launch a suite of BBC-branded thematic channels into Africa. The channels will be available via MultiChoice’s DStv platform from 1 September 2008. The new thematic channels - BBC Entertainment, BBC Knowledge, BBC Lifestyle and CBeebies - will replace and build on the success of existing channels BBC Food and BBC Prime, enabling viewers to access more programming from the BBC.