DStv Film Talent Celebration Competition
The film industry in South Africa is one of our country’s most dynamic industries, mostly because of the passion and commitment of our filmmakers.
DStv’s contribution towards the film industry comprises of:
• The DStv Film Skills Development Programme- which provides training for up and coming filmmakers
• DStv Film Talent Celebration Competition- which recognises and highlights the amazing talent of new and seasoned filmmakers
It is very proud of the winners of the DStv Film Talent Celebration Competition- as well as the 26 up and coming filmmakers who graduated from the company’s filmmaking training programme this year.
There were six categories in the competition and the winners were:
1. Sakhumzi Mati, Best Director for Ibhayibhile – The Bible ;
2. Kabelo Molefe, Best Editor for Thandeka Faku;
3. Tim Apter, Best Sound for Astray;
4. Michael Matthews, Best Cinematography for Fortabt – Loss of Love ,and
5. Christopher Bisset, Best Newcomer for A procura de Pancho (Looking for Pancho).
6. Vukile Ngcingwana, Sakhumzi Mati and Siyabonga Jim, Best Overall Production for their film Ibhayibhile – The Bible.