A24 Media provides programmes on heart diseases
One world, one home, one heart is this year’s theme of World heart day. With cardiovascular diseases claiming millions of lives each year, World heart day aims to raise awareness and educate individuals, families, communities and governments on preventing heart diseases.
As the most important organ in the body, the heart is capable of many emotions, such as love and compassion. A24 Media highlights how such emotions, when put to good use, have helped others and made the world we live in a better place.
A24 Media also challenges you to stretch your heart and expand your love so that it touches not only those to whom you can give it easily, but also to those who need it so much.
Videos available to broadcasters:
• Angeline Jolie in dadaab Kenya
• Rwanda women’s ministry
• Life changing eye surgeries
• Photography of hope
• Ethiopia school meals
• Disabled persons sports project
• Promised son
• Youssour N’dour in Dadaab, Kenya
• Oprah’s Matrics
• Nigeria soup kitchen
• Bono in Rwanda A Crusader for the poor, humanitarian, rock Star; these are just few of the titles musician Bono holds. As leader of the most popular and influential rock band in the last 30 years, U2, Bono is a figure adored and admired both within and outside the music world.
• Imbabazi- a home for hope In the aftermath of the genocide, Roz Carr, an American woman who had lived in Rwanda since 1949, converted an old pyrethrum drying house on her property into a shelter for lost and orphaned children. The orphanage is called Imbabazi, which in Kinyarwanda means “a place where you will receive all the love and care a mother would give.” Since it opened its doors in December 1994, Imbabazi has provided refuge, hope, care, parental love, food, clothing, medical care, guidance and education to more than 400 children.