DRC: TV5MONDE accessible in Lubumbashi
Since 12 November 2012 the francophone TV channel is now available in Lubumbashi, Congo (DRC) second largest city, on channel 45. Supported by the French and Swiss embassies as well as by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, it reinforces the presence of TV5MONDE in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Since 1996, TV5MONDE is broadcast in analogue in Kinshasa, a city where the channel ranks as the first international channels with 94.6% and 64.8% overall awareness in weekly cumulative audience (Source Africascope 2012).
Here are a few TV5MONDE Africa figures:
- More than 10 million African households receive the channel in 48 countries (22 French, 17 English, Portuguese 5, 3 Arab, 1 Hispanic) and more than 40,000 hotel rooms representing more than 14 million overnight stays each year
- 9 out of 10 people know TV5MONDE in Francophone Africa
- 21.4 million viewers (cumulative audience Weekly)
- Over 90% recognition in all capitals in Francophone Africa: 94.6% in Kinshasa, 97.7% in Bamako to Dakar 93.6%, with rates of weekly audience of up to 80 % (81.6% in Bamako, Mali and 64.8% in Kinshasa, DRC, where TV5MONDE is the first international chain) - source Africascope 2012
- African productions that make up 15% of the program schedule.
-More than one million videos views each year on the WebTV TV5MONDE + Africa 200,000 hits per month on the Internet in Africa
- 87,000 "fans" on Facebook TV5MONDE + Africa and a Twitter account dedicated to Africa signal