Investment - In Brief
- Broadcast, Film and Music Africa event Nairobi, Kenya: Multichoice confirmed joint Platinum Sponsorship with Supersport and MNet. BFMA - Broadcast, Film & Music Africa 2013 takes place from 17-18 June 2013 at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre Nairobi, Kenya. More info from AITEC Africa and on twitter:
- Canal Plus has acquired exclusive rights to the Formula 1 motor racing series.
- BizSpark is a software startup program, providing young entrepreneurs with access to Microsoft software development tools and connections with key industry players, including investors, to help them start a new business. This includes tools to build Windows phone apps, audiovisual apps included;
- TV5MONDE maintains its position as the leading international TV channel in French most watched in Bamako, just behind the two public channels ORTM and Africable, according to the latest TNS Africascope figures*. In terms of awareness and unaided, TV5MONDE is known respectively by 100% of managers and by 82.7% of executives.
- February 2013: Zuku, the Wananchi Group’s triple play and pay-tv business, today announced the commission of a documentary series From here to Timbuktu, slated to air on Zuku Afrika in late 2013. Taking its name from the well-known phrase used to describe a faraway place regarded by some as mythical, the series aims to discover both the history and the current realities of people living in some of Africa’s ‘Timbuktus’. The series was developed for Zuku by award-winning Kenyan indie, On Screen Productions, which also produced Setting the Pace, a close-up look at Kenyan athletics, for Zuku Sports in 2012.