Investment - In Brief
- Canal + Afrique – the pay TV service provided in 30 African countries - added 14 new TV channels and 14 radio stations (incl. 9 from Africa) to its bouquet in Africa, all available from the 2nd. April 2013.
- Interview with Buni TV - What are your hopes and aspirations for 2013, both personally and for Buni Media? “My focus in 2013 will be to continue to grow our new video streaming platform Buni TV, which I launched in April last year. Buni TV’s goal is to revolutionize the way African films and other video content is distributed and consumed on the continent by leveraging Africa’s mobile boom. It’s very ambitious, but Buni TV is off to a great start with 270,000 unique visitors and close to a million views in just a few months. Full story here
- New VoD platform: watch African TV, Shows, Nollywood Clips and Nigerian Music Go to http://9flix.com
- According to a recent article in Agence Ecofin, Paul Kagame is the most connected African president in the media ranking. Its website called The Journey Continues, Dukomeze Imihigo, is probably part of personal websites most visited country. It is also found on paulkagame.tv, where you can listen to all his speeches and interviews in audio version. Read more in French here
- A team from the African Union Commission went to Ouagadougou to participate in the Pan-African Film and Television Festival (FESPACO) as part of a special jury tasked with selecting the winner of a special ‘Peace and Security Award’.
- Paris Project, the co-production and development platform of the Paris Cinema International Film Festival, chaired by actress Charlotte Rampling, has signed a partnership agreement with Durban FilmMart (DFM).