Content revolution in Africa: Over 60 speakers for BFMA 2013
Over 60 international and local experts have committed to speaking at this year's BFMA conference in Nairobi, billed as Africa's Leading Business & Technology Event for Creative Content & Digital Media.
Keynote and lead speakers include:
* Russell Southwood, CEO of Balancing Act in the UK, will speak on « The state of the market: Where African broadcast and film has come from and where it's going - Africa's multi-screen future » as an overview of the broadcast and film industry in Africa over the last three years and look at the wide range of opportunities opening up in the next five years.
* Parminder Vir, Director of PVL Media in the UK, will speak on "New production opportunities in Africa".
* Gary Rathbone, Consulting Director Africa of Touchsky Media in the UK will speak on "Changing the game in Africa: Local business, local media, local sport"
* Risper Muthamia, Regional Manager for MNet in East Africa will speak on "Content creation, format development and co-production ventures"
* James Kanja of Black Magic Films in Kenya will speak on "Content creation, formats, co-production and distribution in Africa"
* Spero Patricios, MD of Launch Factory in South Africa will speak on "Brands creating content that engages viewers"
* Evans Omolo, Production Manager of the Centre of Creativity Productions, Kenya will cover "Content distribution in Kenya and the future of documentaries"
* Paul Brett, Executive Producer & Director of Prescience Film Finance in the UK, will speak on "Reaching audiences at home and abroad"
* Richard Alden, COO of Wananchi and Zuku TV, will speak on "The differences between delivering by cable and satellite: What works best in what circumstances and why?"
* Gustav Erickson, CEO of Mdundo, Kenya's new Internet music distributor, will speak on "Music distribution via the Internet"
* Olivier Laouchez, Director of Trace TV in France, will speak on "Mobile TV in Africa"
* Marie Lora-Mungai, Founder and CEO of Buni TV in Kenya, will make a presentation "From content producer to distributor: The mobile opportunity from the point of view of the film industry"
* Vincent Alati of Alati International Marketing in the US, will speak on "Animation: A new frontier for African electronic media innovation"
* Jean Diop, a Deloitte partner in the Netherlands specialising in media business will make a presentation on "Over-The-Top internet TV services: The right moment for a pan African digital media interactive offer"
* Colin Gayle, Chairman of Billboard's new African operation in South Africa, will speak on "Fighting the scourge of piracy: Regulatory and industry initiatives regarding IP, broadcasting rights and licensing and legal framework development; using new technology to block piracy".
Phil Collins of Clyde Broadcast from the UK with delegates at last year's BFMA expo. This year Phil will deliver two training workshops in the conference: "Lightning protection - A 'no-brainer'!" and "The need for versatility in outside broadcast links".