Discop: Approach the future of TV content business in Africa with confidence!
There's never been a better time to approach the future of content business in Africa with confidence. Africa is empowered by young populations, rising advertising markets, rapid digital switch (DTT) over processes, strong broadband and mobile penetration, and continued growth in multiscreen viewing and subscription revenues.
If Africa is on your agenda, and if you are not yet registered, we would like to invite you to take part in the 8th edition of DISCOP AFRICA, Africa's premiere TV content development, production and distribution industries gathering.
DISCOP AFRICA 2013 will take place from 6 to 8 November in Johannesburg, South-Africa, at the Sandton Convention Center, and is expected to welcome 2000+ exhibiting and non-exhibiting delegates representing 800+ companies from 70+ countries.
Highlights will include:
1. A market showcasing 250+ international and African sellers of Film, Made for
TV content, TV Formats and packaged TV-Channels.
2. National Pavilions representing South-Africa, China, Kenya, the US, France, the UK, Korea, Kenya and Nigeria.
3. A substantial year-to-year growthin the number of content buyers representing African TV channels, Pay-TV services, and other distribution platforms looking for fresh programming.
4. A co-production forum mixing fund-raising, international partnership and matchmaking opportunities between producers and financiers.
5. A program of panel discussions, hands-on workshops and fast-track presentations specifically meeting the ambitions of independent content producers,
6. A new edition of the ‘Formats from Africa’ pitching competition celebrating original TV formats created in Africa (open to DISCOP AFRICA participants only).
7. A rich program of social functions that will include the Bollywood and Nollywood parties respectively celebrating the centenary of Indian cinema and 20 years of Nigerian cinema.
8. The ‘MEET THE STARS FROM AFRICA GALA DINER’ honoring the most popular TV series created in Africa.
The success of DISCOP AFRICA is guaranteed by the preparation, the preliminary organisation and the confirmation of meetings between participants regrouped as content sellers, buyers, producers and investors.
For delegates to average 30 to 35 X qualified MEETINGS over the 3-day event, early registration is recommended and should you wish to attend, you may register as