Investment - In Brief
- Kenya, Senegal maximise the Net the most: Kenya and Senegal have been identified as two African countries in which the internet is having the most significant economic impact. A report entitled Lions go digital: The Internet’s transformative potential in Africa, released by management consulting company McKinsey, lists countries according to the contribution the internet makes to local GDP.
- In February 2014 SAE Institute will continue to set the bar for higher education in Africa by launching their Bachelor of Arts in Film Production degree in Cape Town. More here
- Total Media Networks, the owner of South American OTT service Totalmovie, has merged with OTT Networks to launch a white label internet TV-as-a-service firm called UUX.
- JSE-listed media giant, TMG, has announced the acquisition of 32.26 percent stake in Ghana’s Multimedia Group for R144 million ($14.6m). source: Ventures Africa
- BT Group is watching Africa and has identified five key areas it will invest in to grow revenue: fibre, television and sport, IT services, mobility and investment in high-growth markets. Source Techcentral