SA films: NFVF announces quarter 3 funding decisions
On 26 January 2015, the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture (DAC), announced that their quarter 3 funding decisions have been released. The list of all the projects approved is available on the NFVF website under Funding Cycle.
CEO Zama Mkosi is also pleased to state that despite the funding delays NFVF has met and exceeded its funding targets for the 2014/2015 financial year.
In terms of its 2014/15 annual performance plan, the NFVF committed to the following:
• Development funding - A target of 31 projects in documentary and fiction: 34 projects were supported.
• Production funding - A target of 25 projects in documentaries and fiction: 30 projects were supported.
• Bursaries – 61: 61 local and international bursaries were allocated.
In light of the above targets being met and exceeded, in quarter 4 the NFVF is calling on applications for funding only in the following areas;
• Two developments of TV formats at R200 000 each;
• Two documentaries of archives at R250 000 each;
• Nine DVD distribution film marketing supports at R180 000 each;
• One festival funding at R350 000
The NFVF encourages all those filmmakers who are exploring straight-to-DVD distribution method to apply for its DVD Distribution Fund.
All interested applicants for the above funding areas are invited to apply. Application forms can be found on the NFVF website.
All applications and supporting motivation must be hand delivered or posted to the NFVF at 87 Central Street, Houghton, Johannesburg, 2198. No e-mail submissions will be accepted. Closing date for applications is Friday, 20 February 2015.
The NFVF will inform applicants of the outcome of the applications at the end of March 2015. Applications received after the deadline will only be considered for the following quarterly meeting of council.
For any queries regarding development and production email Lesiba Maile on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries regarding markets and festival funding email Lerato Mokopanele on email@example.com.
Source: Screen Africa 27 January 2105