Computer News - In Brief
- Zimbabwe’s First Banking Corporation Limited intends to acquire a new core banking system following last week’s signing of an agreement with Fintech International, the local representative of software developer I-flex. The new software, Flexcube, will replace Microbanker, the platform on which the bank has been operating since inception six years ago.
- Protek, a supplier of business and operational support systems to the global telecommunications industry, today announced that it is expanding its African operations to include a new office in French-speaking Senegal.
- SA’s Syspro has been awarded a R6,5m contract with Delta, to provide it with its new business enterprise solution.
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) in SA has been awarded a R30 million outsourced services contract by Swaziland’s state insurer, Swaziland Royal Insurance Corporation.
- Uganda’s National Social Security Fund (NSSF) has signed a US$1.8m agreement with a South African Government owned company, Arivia. Kom to modernise its operations to cope with the challenges of providing efficient social security services.