Jobs and Opportunities
* MANAGER, TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUSINESS UNIT - KENYA
The Kenya Power & Lighting Company Limited is responsible for transmission and distribution of electrical energy throughout the country. Following licensing of the Company to enter telecommunications business area, the Company has established a
Telecommunications Business Unit which will focus on exploiting opportunities in Fibre Optic Broadband. In this regard the Company is seeking to recruit a proactive, business focussed and results-oriented person to fill the above position.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Manager, Information Technology & Telecommunications, the Manager, Telecommunications Business Unit will undertake the following duties and responsibilities;-
• Preparation and implementation of Telecommunications Unit Business Plan and related telecommunications business strategies with regard to Fibre Optic broadband in the Company.
• Identifying areas for sale of excess dark fibres including collocation and wayleaves to be hired out to licensed operators.
• Preparing contractual documents for use in sale of dark fibres, collocation and wayleaves.
• Identifying suitable firm(s) for purchase of dark fibres, collocation and wayleaves.
• Ensuring policy and regulating guidelines are adhered to and necessary approvals are sought from the relevant authorities.
• Carrying out market analysis and developing pricing levels for sale of dark fibres.
• Monitoring the telecommunications environment continuously and recommending appropriate strategies for sustained viability of the sale of dark fibres.
• Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the department.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
The application deadline is Wednesday, 8th July 2009.
To download the full job vacancy click on the following link