- Technology services company EDS has appointed Kam Chetty as its new local MD to replace its current American head, amid fresh plans to revitalise its local business. He will leave its job as CEO of the Cape Winelands municipal authority at the end of this month.
- According the Financial Gazette, the Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (POTRAZ) director-general Cuthbert Chidoori has resigned from the regulatory authority..
- NamibiaPost and Telecom Holdings has announced its new Board of Directors.
New members of the Telecom Namibia board are Joseph Iita, Frans Ndoroma (MD), Feitjie Veldskoen, Roger Gertze and Michael Mukete. Outgoing Telecom board directors were Harold Pupkewitz, Titus Haimbili, Rosa Nakale and Sylvester Black.
- Microsoft Corporation announced the appointment of Ali Faramawy as Vice President of Microsoft International, with executive responsibilities in business strategy development and business operations for Middle East and Africa. Microsoft also announced new organizational structure for the region as seven countries - Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan and Tunisia - will report to one subsidiary office team, led by Sherif Seddik as Regional Director.
- State owned telecoms operator InfraCo has appointed Mark Shuttleworth to its board.