* Eyal Copitt has been appointed as the District Manager (Africa) at Network Appliance Inc. (NetApp), a unified storage solutions provider. Copitt will be leaving his position as Gilat Satcom's VP Sales. He will be working out of the NetApp Israel office, which serves Africa.
* Minnie Maharaj, has resigned from Telkom South Africa. Maharaj, who heads wholesale services, will join Vodacom from August 1. In her new position she will be starting up Vodacom’s wholesale division.
* As part of its strategy to strengthen relationships with customers and partners across West, East and Central Africa (WECA), and the Indian Ocean Islands, Microsoft has appointed Thomas Hansen as its new regional general manager. The move follows the transition of the previous GM, Ali Hoballah, into a senior role for Microsoft's operations across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
* Nortel announced it has appointed Darryl Edwards as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
* Communications and information technology group Celsys Limited in Zimbabwe has appointed Geoff Goss as its new chief executive officer (CEO) of the company effective July 2006