Telecoms News - In Brief
- The newly constituted technical board for Nitel and its mobile arm MTel has taken over the affairs of the ailing company under the auspices of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) as of June 15th.
- The Ghana Telecom University College (GTUC) in collaboration with Rising Data Solutions (RDS) have entered into agreement to provide training for Ghanaian students in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) to create a special BPO-driven course designed to help schools excel in BPO-based skills.
- According to IT News Africa, Econet Wireless Group (EWG) of South Africa has started moves to block the sale of Kuwaiti-based Zain’s interests in Zain Nigeria until a ruling on a dispute over ownership of the company is passed.
- Ghana’s Government is particularity not happy about the proliferation of cell sites, and has thus tasked the regulator - the National Communications Authority (NCA) to enforce co-location.
- Gateway Communications, a large supplier of telecommunications services across Africa claimed the prestigious award for “Wireless Network Infrastructure Innovation” in partnership with vendor, Cambridge Broadband Networks Ltd.