Jobs & Opportunities
Job Title: CISCO Voice Engineer
Job ID: 999971
• Our client is a Cisco Systems Technology Development Partner offering advanced software solutions for the fast-growth IP communications market.
• They focus on delivering configuration and service management solutions to the Voice over IP (VoIP) sector, with systems designed for both the Hosted/Managed VoIP and Enterprise VoIP markets.
Purpose of Position:
• Provide on-site engineering support, deployment and trouble resolution for our customers.
• We are looking to hire a mid-level network engineer with suitable Cisco VOIP experience to take on a supporting role and to work closely with the Senior IP Telephony engineers.
• This role will be client facing with an opportunity to work from home.
• Extensive travel should be expected (a passport is required). You will have an opportunity to work with specialized IP telephony equipment and grow into more senior level roles
• Supported Customer(s): IP Telephony customers, Cisco Account teams, Internal and Partner Account/Product Teams
Essential Duties of Position:
• 20% – Performance management for customer supported IPT systems. Ensure that new IPT implementations and current systems perform to customer expectations, contractual commitments and industry performance standards.
• 30% – Provide second level support for problem diagnosis and resolution. Work closely with 3rd party and client operational support staff, project groups, engineering, sales teams, and program managers to ensure proposed and implemented solutions meet customer requirements and are operated in such a manner to meet the agreed level of service.
• 10% – Customer technical liaison for deployed systems.
• 10% – Develop, document, and maintain IPT operational standards
• 10% – Work with Project Managers and 3rd party support personal to develop, document, and manage IPT change management processes.
• 5% – Implement minor system upgrades and modifications.
• 5% – Work collaboratively with engineering on expansions to operational systems.
• 5% – Research and deploy fixes/patches.
• 5% – Work collaboratively with other internal departments to develop product roadmaps.
Minimum Education requirements:
• BSc in Engineering, Computer Science or applicable field required: applicable experience may substitute for educational requirements.
• CCVP, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA, IP Communications, IP Contact Center
• A minimum of 4 to 7 years operating, maintaining and/or troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony networks employing relevant technology.
• Minimum 2 years experience providing second or third level support.
• Extensive knowledge with Cisco routers and switches.
Must be proficient with:
o Cisco Call Manager versions 5.x+
o Cisco Routers and Switches
o Networking, TCP/IP
o Routing Protocols
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated experience in operation, maintenance and implementation of complex voice and data networks with an in-depth knowledge of transport systems; and demonstrated expertise and experience in voice and data communications equipment such as routers, switches, hubs, CSU/DSU, and modems.
• Must have experience in designing, troubleshooting and operating Cisco UCS systems, working large VOIP implementations (>500 phones). Cisco router, switch, Call Manager is also required.
• Candidates must understand the Cisco UCS suite. Strong Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager is a must. Knowledge of other UCS products such as Cisco Unity, Meeting Place, Emergency Responder, etc is desirable. The ability to bring up VOIP and Data at new locations under tight deadlines is required, along with working under limited supervision.
• Candidates should be familiar with the architecture and implementation of modern TCP/IP networks with knowledge of IP routing and routed protocols, IP traffic
• Experience in planning, design, implementation, and operation of QoS in Cisco powered networks would be advantageous. PBX/LEC central office DMS/lucent 5E, Mitel, Nortel, and other traditional legacy telephony experience a plus.
• Must have highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills as this is a client facing role.
Driving Requirements: Must hold current valid drivers license and passport.
Please send your cv to Tracy@parvana.co.uk