Jobs & Opportunities
Head of Product Architecture S1 Cape Town
As Head of Product Architecture Team, the incumbent is responsible for the global product architecture of S1’s Payment products and their associated roadmap. Working closely with the Head of Product Engineering, representatives of the regional business units and the Global Product Management function, the incumbent will provide strategic leadership to the evolution of our products and all associated best practices.
Qualification and Experience
An appropriate post-graduate degree (Computer Science or Information Systems) and 10+ years’ relevant experience.
• Day to day management of the Product Architecture team.
• Manage the Product roadmap for S1's Payments and Mobile
products and all product components utilized by the online business units. This is done in close conjunction with the business units and the role therefore requires a good interaction with the business units around the world and an understanding of the key business drivers affecting our products.
• Manage the overall product (business, systems and technology) architecture and all associated standards, policies and procedures. This includes our development and quality management standards, processes and methodologies
• Fulfill the product management function for the core platform and all shared components, including managing the selected vendor relationships
• Represent the Payments’ group on S1 wide product and technology strategic initiatives which are driven by the Group CTO in the USA
• Work very closely with the Product Engineering manager to ensure that the software we build best implements the roadmap and the associated architecture and to ensure that the Product Architecture team adds tangible value to the Product Engineering department.
• Assist in sales and marketing initiatives around the world requiring the presence of the “most senior” payments products’ technology person
• Work closely with the head of our international delivery team and the professional services managers in our various regions to assist in the appropriate application of our product architecture in the context of the customization of our products for clients.
• Assist in the architectural evaluation and integration planning of any Payments or Mobile-related products acquired by virtue of merger and acquisition activities.
• Identify key opportunities to add business value through innovation in our products.
Nikki Blaser on 021 525 5107 or email@example.com