Jobs & Opportunities
* Network & Infrastructure Specialist - Senior (CPT)
City: Cape Town
Country: South Africa
• Our client is looking for a Linux specialist. In addition to this, they require the candidate to have experience with firewalls and managing email environments (any email system is fine, although Lotus Notes is ideal).
• In addition to this, they are looking for a candidate with broader experience which it is felt will most probably be found in a similar sized company (i.e. 100 – 300 people with 2 or 3 branches possibly)
• Responsible for testing and analysis in all elements of network facilities, including power, software. Produces complex, multi-network network designs and design policies, strategies, architectures, network optimisation, and documentation covering voice, data, text, email, facsimile and image. This may incorporate all aspects of the communications infrastructure, internal and external, mobile, public and private, Internet/Intranet and call centres.
• Responsible for high-level problem resolution and network security policy implementation and monitoring.
• Coaching and mentoring of a team of technical support staff, including active involvement in daily operations, censure/reward and work prioritisation.
• Risk management focussing on the technology, including risk mitigation and reporting.
• Responsible for the IS technical skills coverage across areas within the division, including technical expertise, operational tasks, capacity planning.
• Network and infrastructure architecture (designing)
• Responsible for the operation of all technical systems, this includes fault detection and resolution, communication, problem and incident management throughout the entire incident lifecycle all measured against SLA targets.
• Provide technical coaching and mentoring on resolving complicated or high impact technical faults, not necessarily resolving the incident with hard skills but guiding the approach.
• Define new technical services that the IS division can take to market in the consulting space including ensuring that the sales team is well aware of the skills within the team and existing products available to the market.
Key Performance Areas:
• Delivering against defined milestones and benefits to be realised
• Quality of architecture and problem solving
Education & Qualifications:
• IT Diploma (e.g. Technikon) or technical certification (MCSE, A+, N+, CCNA) or IT/IS Degree
• ITIL certification an advantage
• Project management training an advantage e.g. PRINCE2
Technical Skills & Experience:
• 3 – 5 years experience in system/network administration (technical focus)
• 3 – 5 years experience in IT management
• ITIL principles an advantage
• Service desk incident management lifecycle
• System/network administration and architecture
• Technology trends
• Significant experience in technical IT system and network administration at an expert, last line of support level within the last 5 years, examples including Linux, Microsoft, email systems, firewalls, domains, routing, TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, VPN, server administration, server hardware, RAID, VOIP, printers, etc.
• Ability to work well in a team and support team members in all areas of the division.
• Ability to manage the technical infrastructure.
• Ability to analyse, define and elicit technical requirements to achieve business and project goals.
Please send your CV to Tracy@parvana.co.uk or click here to upload your CV and apply right to our site