Telecoms Rates, Offers and Coverage (briefs)
- Cell C has slashed the rates to as little as 13c/MB.Cell C has introduced a 3GB bundle for at R400, effectively providing 1GB more than it had at the same price previously, cutting the cost of bandwidth from 20c/MB to just over 13c/MB.It’s now offering 1,2GB for the same R250 it charged previously for 1GB.Cell C’s 3GB bundle is already R13 cheaper than line rental for a 4Mbit/s line from Telkom, without even including bandwidth. Even with the cheapest bandwidth offers from companies such as MWeb and Afrihost, the total cost on Cell C is still less.
- Kigali — Tigo Rwanda has re-launched the Rwf 10 per minute promotion for Tigo subscribers calling Tigo numbers.
- The recently rebranded Airtel Nigeria has advanced plans to step on newly launched Nokia N8 to raise the bar of its market penetration. People who own Nokia N8 and subscribe to Airtel's StepUP Platinum / Nokia offer will enjoy 500MB complimentary data for 3 months in addition to the numerous privileges already offered to customers of this Airtel high value package. The other benefits on the new offer include exclusive VIP treatment at select airport lounges and Airtel Customer touch points as well as 100 complimentary SMS to any network in the first month.Customers who purchase the special bundle package will be required to from the 2nd and 3rd month trigger the 500MB Internet access respectively.
- Globacom has lifted the Ajegunle suburb of Lagos State by opening its customer service centre known as Gloworld, at Mobil Road, Ajeromi Ifelodun council area.
- Millicom Rwanda, which provides mobile services under the Tigo banner, has widened its network footprint to a further ten districts, East African Business Week reports. Services are now available in Bugesera, Gatsibo, Gicumbi, Gisagara, Huye, Kamonyi, Nyaruguru, Rubavu, Rutsiro and Rwamagana. The operator has also enhanced coverage in areas already covered by its network, including Gasabo. Under the company’s mobile licence – awarded in November 2008.
-In their promotion dubbed 'Xmas Drive', Rwandatel has introduced a newbonus promotion for its prepaid mobile users based on recharge.A customer receives a 50percent bonus airtime based on the value of the amount they have purchased.MTN Rwanda, the largest operator by market share is offering a 70 percent discount on all MTN to MTN calls and bonus up to 30 percent on loaded airtime.
The market giant also slashed the price for its LG 108 phone from Rwf15, 000 to Rwf13, 000. The phone comes with a free T-shirt and SIM card with Rwf500 airtimes.