Jobs & Opportunities
*Integration and Support Engineer
Marina in Johannesburg
This position requires a candidate to integrate the company’s software products on Mobile Phone Operator networks and thereafter provide expert level support. Additional requirements are the ability to communicate well and a C/C++ and UNIX background. The candidate must independently be able to fault find and perform trouble shooting. Candidate must be able to ask questions in order to improve software.
• Degree or Diploma in IT, Software Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering
• A minimum of 4 years relevant support experience
• Good user skills on Unix / Linux / Solaris operating system
• Knowledge of Perl and Shell scripting
• Strong SQL skills, including writing SQL queries
• Basic C/C++ skills
• Basic IP Network knowledge
• A strong GSM background is essential
• The ability to perform operating system installations and software installations
• Ability to read and understand C/C++ code and Bash Scripts
• Strong root cause analysis and problem solving skills
• Documenting and reporting skills must be well developed
• Travel to customer sites for installations and customer acceptance testing.
• Document customer acceptance reports.
• Periodic standby to handle 24 hours emergency support.
• Interface with customers to facilitate testing and obtain signoff on testing.
• Work closely with Project Manager and Support Manager, to co-ordinate product rollout activities on customer networks.
• Document customer upgrade procedures.
• Document emergency reports.
Expect up to 25% travel in Africa and the Middle East
Please send cv’s to email@example.com