Jobs & Opportunities
BE A PARTNER IN WORLD 2011’s “IDEAS CONNECT THE WORLD”
The opportunity: An open innovation competition
Technology can do amazing things: It can change the way we live, how we do business, how we interact with the world and with each other.
Technological innovation could transform the way your organization is perceived and how it communicates. This is your chance to learn how social media and new technologies can help your organisation to achieve its aims more efficiently, and engage its stakeholders more effectively.
World 2011’s open innovation competition will connect you to digital talent. Together, through a guided process of collaboration, you will develop new connected products to help your organization achieve its aims more effectively, raise the brand visibility and engage wider audiences.
ITU Telecom World 2011
ITU Telecom World is 40 years old this year and to celebrate, there are some changes in the style and the format of the event.
Connecting more global citizens will offer considerable commercial and social opportunities. From 24-27 October, thousands of influential private and public sector players will congregate in Geneva to make sure the right frameworks are in place to connect the world.
World 2011 will provide a neutral platform for a global dynamic debate that will encompass a diverse range of global stakeholders.
This debate would not be complete without digital innovators. World 2011 will deliver competitions designed to help organizations like yours to use connected technologies in innovative ways to make the world a better place.
How does it work?
Are you working for a NFP that is attempted to alleviate issues relevant to the UN's Millennium Development Goals:
• alleviating poverty and hunger (including smart agriculture)
• improving education for all
• addressing gender inequality
• access to health care
• environmental sustainability
....or addressing universal accessibility challenges?
If so, you could benefit from this opportunity.
The competition will run on the new World 2011 web platform, please click here:
We will help you identify a core challenge and write your brief. The brief will be posted online and digital talent will be invited to submit seed responses. We will filter talent and engage you in the selection process. You and your selected developer will attend a training workshop where you will meet and learn from other NFPs and their partner developers. Through a process of pitching and peer feedback, ideas will become prototypes for products that answer your identified need.
For a full overview of everything that will be happening during the event visit the event calender here: To register please click here:
Ericsson 3G/UTRAN Support Engineer *MUST BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY*
Posted date: Thu, 11th Aug
Location: Western Africa
Ericsson requires experienced 3G/ UTRAN engineers for support of the 3G network. This is an URGENT requirement so candidates must be available immediately. The chosen candidate can expect to be on site very quickly.
The details of the role are as follows:
* Good knowledge of IPRAN, ATM-RAN, 2G IP Topologies, RAN and BSS
* Good knowledge 3GPP2 standards, HSDPA, HSUPA
* Provide Front Office and Back Office support for 3G, 3G RAN.
* Fault and Performance Management of all related network element/nodes and ensure that all faults and Trouble Tickets are rectified promptly within contracted SLA.
* Good Knowledge of OSS, NMS and other Tools to manage all related network element/nodes
* Good Knowledge of using Trouble Ticketing System to tract all faults and incidents. Generation of various report (Daily Outage, Weekly Report, Monthly, Event Report and Trouble Investigation
* Ensuring best practices and ensuring optimal availability of the systems.
* Introduce and Implement technological innovations to improve MTNN
* quality of service.
* Coach and transfer expert knowledge to Network Services Management
* Center (NSMC), RF engineers and Switch Engineers
* Provide high level support for complex 3G/GPRS/MPBN related emergency faults and ensure that all faults and Trouble Tickets are rectified promptly within contracted SLA.
* Network surveillance, Monitoring and all level trouble shooting of alarms, expansion and support on RNC, NodeB, 3G RAN etc
* Working as Front Office and Back Office Support for quick and accurate faults trouble-shooting and resolution; configuration and upgrades on 3G if needed
* Carryout network analysis (trace and investigations) and reporting as may be directed by the line manager.
* Nodes/Devices health Monitoring (interface errors, CPU/memory utilization, etc.)
* Troubleshooting software and hardware issues (errors on interfaces and etc.) and including advanced
* Responding to alarms from Network Management Systems. (Faults, Bandwidth utilization, Latency, Up/Down, etc)
Skills / Competencies Required
* Excellent experience and sound knowledge of GSM & UMTS Network specifications and architectures.
* Technical skills on RNC, BSC, DXX, NodeB, RBS, O&M and Transport Network.
* NBAP, RANAP, RNASP (UTRAN); MAP, CAP, INAP, ISUP, TCAP, SCCP, BSSAP,
* OSS, etc.
* Team-based, Co-operative
* 24hrs/7days Operations
To apply visit the link here: