Jobs & Opportunities
TDR Deputy PM / Database Manager – Rwanda
Pact is a non-profit international development organization with a purpose to enable poor and marginalized people in the developing world to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. We do this by developing people’s capacity to make informed choices about their life and future, improving governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Description: Under the supervision of the Pact Project Manager, the Deputy Project Manager / Database Manager is responsible for leading the management of project data for iTSCi Rwanda, and in the absence of Project Manager, he will manage the administrative, financial and programmatic aspects of the project. As such, the Database Manager will assist the Project Manager by providing technical assistance to any project team and ensure their ability to fulfill their role. She/he will help in checking the accuracy of reporting sites, including the monitoring of all the dynamics relating to mining in the country, as well as issues working with various stakeholders.
He will be based in Kigali and will work throughout the country
Role and Responsibilities:
• Ensure quick and accurate recording of data in the database.
• Keeping pace with data collection through the "log books" of mines, traders and trading posts, and immediately address all questions to the Project Manager
• The manager of the database will work closely with other team members (including staff ITRI) to ensure that appropriate and effective system of data collection is being and maintained.
• Identify and report all data missing or fraudulent
• Produce regular reports by using the tools of data analysis in the existing database.
• Recommend changes or improvements to the design or operation of the database if necessary.
• Attend and participate in the training of staffs of OGMR if necessary, to ensure that the data are clearly and properly recorded in the log books. The manager of the database must comment on and recommend improvements to the system if necessary.
Deputy Project Manager:
In the absence or at the request of Project Manager
• To be the focal point for contact with the authorities, counters, offices and other stakeholders involved in the project
• Ensure compliance with work plans and timing for submission of internal and external reports
• Work with all stakeholders in the supply chain (artisanal miners, merchants, counters, OGMR, government) to ensure proper understanding of their roles in the success of the project.
• Identify opportunities for ITRI to improve contacts and engagement with stakeholders
• Participate in key meetings related to the project,
Of Administrative and Financial Management
• Manage the daily administration office in Kigali
• Strengthen the programmatic needs, administrative and financial project
• Enforce policies and procedures of decision making related to management;
• Supervise direct field geologists, the accounting and ensure that other staffs perform their role properly,
• Be responsible for all office supplies, maintenance and equipment inventory
• Standardize the management and use of vehicles and motorbikes of the project, checking planning needs fuel and maintenance, while giving priority to field teams
• Allow office expenses on the basis of approved Work Plan
• Coordinated withdrawals of funds and payments of taxes
• To manage the safety, health and emergencies on land urgently informing the Program Manager for major cases.
Monthly reports on or before the 25th of each month to send to the Program Manager, report included:
• Narrative Report of project progress based on the work plan,
• Financial Reports
• Problems, needs, success stories, and next steps,
• Report of circumstances (in any event not ordinary)
qualification in computer science
Education and Experience Requirements:
previous experience required
For further information or to apply click here