Nokia Music+ makes South African debut
Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia has announced that its subscription based music service is planned to be available to South African consumers for $2.7 a month.
Nokia Music+ is an additional feature to the company’s already existing free-to-stream service. However, Nokia Music+ is a premium service that is expected to provide increased control over the consumer’s listening experience.
According to a Nokia statement, its free music service will continue to be available free to Nokia Lumia owners, with no advertisements, registration or subscription.
Nokia Music+, meanwhile, will be available for people to try free for seven days. Thereafter, users will have to pay more than $2 a month for an update on the service.
Some of the features that will be offered on the service include:
- The ability to download unlimited mixes for offline playback
- Unlimited track skips providing greater opportunities to self-curate streamed music
- The option to select higher quality audio when connecting via Wi-Fi
- Lyric streaming for many tracks
- Listen to Nokia Music via internet-enabled devices including pc or tablet