South Africa blog awards open for nominations
The annual SA blog awards yesterday opened nominations for the 2008 awards. This year, following the fallout from last year’s awards, the judges have put in place a new set of rules for the competition.
There are a range of categories including those for best post, best original writing, best politics blog, best new blog, best technology blog and, of course, the best SA blog. So, if you’re a regular blog reader (maybe even a regular Tectonic reader?) then head on over to the nominations page to put forward your favourite blogs. Readers can nominate up to three blogs in each category and four in the South African Weblog of the Year category. The nominations close on February 22.
One of the significant changes this year is that 70 percent of the final score will be provided by the reading public and the remaining 30 percent divided between a local and international judging panel. So get nominating.