Jobs and Opportunities
* Ethiopian ICT Private sector assessment / investment incentives schemes to ICT Sector
The Danish Management A/S is presently searching for individual experts to study the mechanisms to support the ICT private sector development and to facilitate ICT business sector activities by developing a Strategic document / Investment Incentives Scheme that will help to promote local and foreign direct investment and promote Ethiopia's ICT sector as an attractive investment destination. To examine the current state of the ICT private sector and identify areas for appropriate government intervention.
Application deadline: 20 February 2008
The Danish Management A/S also announced that they are still looking for a qualified candidate to assist the Ministry of Post, Telephone and Telecommunications of Congo DRC to draft a comprehensive ICT Bill.
* Candidate looking for a job opportunity in Project Management or O&M
- July 2003 up to now: Manager of Operational Risks in a major telecom operator in Eastern Africa
- 1999 to June 2003: Pre-paid project Manager then Quality Control Manager for GSM Networks, (13 countries) based in Southern Africa.
- April 1998 to January 99: GSM Switching Project Manager for an International operator in Southern Africa
- December 1996 to April 1998: Based in West Africa as part of international team in introducing GSM network.
- 1988 to December 1996: Switching manager Technical analyst, Switching chief engineer, Commercial and operations director and then Planning and Projects Manager for an incumbent Telco.
Education: European MBA (2005-2007) and Engineer in Electronic (1982-1987)
This candidate with 20 years experience is seeking a job in Project management or O&M for a major operator or emerging telco with growth opportunity.
* Candidate seeking a job opportunity in the telecom/IT sector in Africa
- July 2006-Present: Senior IT consultant in a Western African country responsible for technical implementation, customers relationship, training, implementation and support (IBM Systems, Oracle Database, Application server, Unix systems, VAS platforms for GSM operators)
- Aug 2000-Jun 2006: Technical Consultant and Pre-sales Engineer in major technical and logistics house based in West Africa: design, configuration and installation of all major products (Oracle, TSM, HACMP) for customers’ environments on IBM AIX, Linux and Windows platforms.
Education: Computer Engineer, 2000, IBM and ORACLE Certified specialist
The candidate is looking for a job in IT systems within an African Telecom Operator’s platform environment