Computer News - In Brief
- This week the PCLinuxOS community have brought out the final release of PCLinuxOS 2007 which comes with all the latest versions of several popular open source programs.
- The Malawian president has merged education, science and technology into a single ministry under his personal responsibility.
- South African payment gateway company, MyGate, have released snippets of code that make for easier integration between the shopping cart and the payment gateway.
- Cisco Nigeria has signed an agreement with Redington, a distributor of Cisco’s equipment and solutions in the Middle East and Africa. The partnership will contribute to help Cisco’s local representatives to grow their business (project implementation support and training). Bayo Sanni, Regional Channel Director, Cisco Africa, commenting on the alliance added that at Cisco, we focus on driving partner profitable growth and with the Nigerian market estimated to be worth over N50billion (US$350m) by 2009. So you can see with our current revenue in Nigeria , we have hardly scratched the surface here”.
- Mozilla Firefox 2 is now officially available in Afrikaans. You can download your copy from here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html#af
- Mali is the 9th country to launch the Schoolnet program financed by NEPAD and private IT companies.