TELECOMS, RATES, OFFERS AND COVERAGE
- Namibia Telecom reported a service outage in the North - area code 065 – last Monday. This was due to Telecom Nambia carrying out software upgrades at the Oshakati exchange.
- MTN Nigeria has confirmed that it has completed the implementation, integration and service migration of its country-wide IP/MPLS Next Generation Network (NGN) network.
- Private Telecommunications operator, Multi-Links has begun full service in the nation's capital, Abuja and its environs . This follows the roll out of its network in Lagos, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Ilorin, Ijebu-Ode and Sagamu, pioneer.
- Tunisie Telecom has launched its “missed call” SMS service. Missed call alerts will be forwarded free of charge via SM to subscribers.
- Algeria Telecom (AT) is preparing a phone book for its fixed telephony subscribers. This project, launched in partnership with the"Maghreb pages editions" company, is budgeted at AD100m, and will also cover the professional subscribers.