WorldRemit enables remittance receivers to manage their money on their phones
21 June 2019
Leading online money transfer service WorldRemit is introducing new app features to make it easier for remittance recipients in several countries, including Cameroon, to manage funds sent from loved ones overseas.
Remittance receivers in several countries, including Cameroon, can now create and access a remote WorldRemit account to:
- Receive money instantly to their phones from over 50 countries worldwide in multiple currencies including USD and XAF.
- Store their funds in the app in multiple currencies including USD and XAF.
- Withdraw their money at any time using WorldRemit’s wide variety of convenient pay-out options, including cash pickup at over 1,500 locations, bank transfer and mobile money transfer.
- Send money to other WorldRemit customers living in the same country who have the new app feature.
- Request money from friends and family abroad by building a transfer (including amount and currency) in the WorldRemit app and sharing the request with their sender via Whatsapp, SMS or email. Senders can then easily approve and deliver the transfer in seconds.
The new app features are completely free of charge and give WorldRemit money transfer recipients full control over when and how to withdraw their remittances.
Approximately 65% of adults in Cameroon remain unbanked, and customers do not need a bank account to access the full range of services available remotely for money transfer receivers through the WorldRemit app.
WorldRemit first launched its online money transfer service to Cameroon in 2012, and transfers to the country have been growing by over 90% year-over-year. Using the WorldRemit app or website, the diaspora community can send money home in a few taps from their phone, without having to pay expensive fees at a money transfer agent.
Source: Press Release