*Lexmark’ South Africa MD, Hans Horn, has resigned after 12 years with the company rather than accept another posting that would have taken him out of the country.
*Mobile phone service provider Celtel Kenya has appointed David Murray as its new chief executive to replace Gerhard May, who was recalled to Celtel International headquarters in the Netherlands last year.
*Vodacom announces high-profile appointments which will be effective from 1 April.
- Peter Matlare, who is currently executive director: commercial of Vodacom SA, will be appointed to the position of chief strategy and business development officer for Vodacom Group, and will continue to serve on the board of Vodacom SA.
- Romeo Kumalo, currently the MD of Vodacom Tanzania, will be appointed to the position of commercial director responsible for sales, marketing and new products for Vodacom SA.
- Dietlof Mare, currently MD of Vodacom Congo, will become the MD of Vodacom Tanzania for an initial period of three years.
- Mervyn Visagie, currently MD of Vodacom Lesotho, will become the MD of Vodacom Congo for an initial period of two years.
- Godfrey Mbingo will become the MD of Vodacom Lesotho for an initial period of three years. Godfrey will work alongside Mervyn in Lesotho for an initial period.
*Cell C has announced that Simon Duffy, former president and CEO of NTL in the UK has been appointed as the chairman of the Cell C board.
*Paul Seaton, general manager for the Middle East and Africa at NewSat, has resigned from the company to pursue personal business projects.