Computer News - In Brief
- Nigeria’s Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has bowed to popular pressure by dropping its earlier plans to use electronic voting machines in the 2007 polls. However the Federal Executive Council (FEC), has approved N233 million for the Pilot Scheme of the Electronic Voters' Register.
- A software programme devised by Uganda’s Crystal Clear Software for micro-finance operators called Loan Performar was last week launched in Angola.
- Microsoft will be producing a wolof version of Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 12, according to the President of Microsoft Africa, Cheikh Modibo Diarra.
- Cisco opened an office in Algeria last week and this complements its training centres in Algiers and Oran.
- SAB, the SA subsidiary of SABMiller plc, has contracted the management of its server and desktop environment to Dimension Data (DiData).