ABUJA'S TRAIL-BLAZING WIRELESS INTERNET NETWORK BEING BUILT BY PRIVATE-PUBLIC PARTNERSHIP

Internet

Late last year, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai launched the first city-wide Wireless Internet Network in Nigeria. The private-public sector joint project is estimated to cost about N837.5 million, 80 per cent (670 million) to be contributed by the private partner, Suburban Broadband Limited and the remaining 20 per cent (167.5 million) to be provided by FCT's Abuja Investment and Property Development Corporation (AIPDC). The Abuja initiative to establish the first seamless Wireless Internet Network in the country is a giant stride in the right direction. It would provide an effective communication infrastructure for the federal capital territory.

Daily Champion