* Yesse Oenga has been appointed as the news Managing Director of Celtel Uganda. Oenga has been with Celtel for one and half years prior to coming to Uganda. Previous experience ranges from exports director for Smithkline Beecham Ltd to Marketing director for East African Breweries in Tanzania.
* Bridges.org has appointed Vincent Waiswa Bagiire, previously the Director of Africa Programs, to the position of Chief Executive Officer. In this new role, he will drive the organization's strategic direction and provide overall leadership from his base in Kampala, Uganda. The Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) program will continue to be among his main priorities. Meanwhile Ms Teresa Peters, founder of bridges.org will step down at the end of March and be joining the Gates Foundation in April as a Senior Policy Officer for the International Libraries Initiative.
* Delio Senatore has been appointed Saab-Grintek's executive for strategy and technology business and Bongani Nhlapo has been appointed group executive of shared services. Senatore will focus on growing the technology business by identifying new partners, broadening the product and service offering and identifying businesses for acquisition. Nhlapo will be responsible for designing and implementing shared service offerings for the group, which include IT, human resources, finance quality management, marketing and communication.
* Lukshman Vishnu Maharaj has been appointed as MD for Syrinx Communications. Maharaj has an MSc in electrical engineering from Wits University. He has worked in the ICT industry for more than 10 years as Sentech's senior manager for voice application technology, Grintek Telecom's executive for carrier voice and Telecom New Zealand's principal technologist, among other positions.
- Get wells to Ilan Weichselbaum of Sky2Net who is currently off work due to an accident.