* South Africa's biggest Internet Service Provider (ISP), Internet Solutions, a unit of IT firm Dimension Data, has appointed Dharmesh Rama as its new financial director. Internet Solutions said in a statement Dharmash Rama would become financial executive, with a seat on the executive committee, with immediate effect and would replace Dean Suchard as Chief Financial Officer from February 1. Rama formerly worked for mining giant Anglo American plc Group. Suchard is moving to a new role in Internet Solutions, the company said without providing further details.
* Sahara Group marketing director, has been appointed as the company's deputy managing director. Naidoo has served the company for almost three years, heading up and coordinating its marketing division.
* In South Africa Communications minister Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri has confirmed the extension of Sentech CEO Dr Sebiletso Mokone-Matabane's contract for another two years. The extension is effective from 1 April 2006.
* Marketing Manager of Mobitel in Tanzania Juanita Van Platten has married William Ferentinos.
* Benson Okwaro of Kenya's Communications workers last week rejected the charge that Telkom Kenya's workers "lazy, inefficient and unwanted".He defended the bloated workforce against accusations that it was the only problem contributing to poor services and reduced revenue base by the corporation. "We recognise that business at Telkom Kenya has gone down in the past five years, but clearly this situation cannot be attributed to employees but to the many problems including mismanagement management," he said. "Corruption has and still remains one of the biggest problems and somebody should tell us what happened to the people arrested last year at the Norfolk house and Imara Daima, with installations that deprived the company millions of shillings," he said.