JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER
Technical authority in providing Solution Design to his/her assigned customers.
Education, Knowledge, Training, Skills and experience required
* Preferably with a MS degree/equivalent in Engineering applied to Telecommunication
* Cisco certification is a plus
* Good knowledge in LAN and WAN arena,
* Working knowledge in Data Network technology within strong technical background in the IT domain (LAN, WAN, Intranet's, Voice, ATM, Airlines protocols,...). Field experience in design, implementation and support would be a plus.
* Good at conceptualizing and organizing complex tasks.
* Excellent English is a prerequisite
* Knowledge of regional language is a plus
* Customer facing skills
* Commercial awareness
* Good Writing, communication and presentation skills
* In general good inter-personal skills
* Pro-active way of working, capable to take initiatives and work autonomously
* Team worker and able to work in a matrix management organisation.
* At least 2 years in telecom industry
* Bid and proposal management
* Good understanding of industry and IT environment is an advantage
Most importantly the person must be able to communicate in both French and English. The person will be based in South Africa but will spend 50% of the time traveling through Africa
ORACLE EXPERT (DATA CLEANSING)
Two technical resources to work on extracting from Legacy, data cleansing and mapping area. The CSV file formats that will hold the data to be loaded will be provided. The resources that must have the minimum skill set of the following abilities: Oracle/PLSQL Scripting, writing of complex data extracts and conversion into .CSV files, analysis and basic validations, understanding of data models.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Duration: 3 months
If our correspondent is "off the mark" or you have factual amendments, mail them to us and we will include them in subsequent News Updates. If you'd like to contribute, write and let us know.
If you need information about a particular place or issue, just send your questions in. We are always happy to follow up on readers concerns.
News Update is a free e-letter produced by Balancing Act that covers African internet content and infrastructure developments, It goes out to government, the private sector, education and NGOs. To subscribe, send a message saying "I want to subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org