Web News - In Brief
- Cameroon's Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation has launched its own website: www.minatd.gov.cm
- www.ado.ci, the website of the President of Cote D'Ivoire's Alassane Dramane Ouattara of the RDR, closed because of the events of 18/19 September 2002, re-opened on 4 October.
- The South African government has taken its first steps to legalise online gambling. It has published the National Gambling Bill, which deals with online gambling, among other issues.
- The South African Mail & Guardian Online has created a "Blogspot" where readers can publish their own blogs.
- Google search engine already supports more than 104 languages or dialects while offering a personalized version of its engine for over 90 countries and it has just added one more country to that list. Google-Kenya available in English and Kiswahili with a Kenya-specific search function is now available at http://www.google.co.ke