Computer News - In Brief
- The South African Supplier Selection Authority (SSA) is expected to complete its selection process for the government seat management tender by the end of this month.This was announced yesterday by State IT Agency (SITA) CEO Mavuso Msimang, who says the tender will involve in excess of R2 billion worth of work in the public sector.
- These multimedia facilities were launched in five districts of the Eastern Cape Department including Aliwal North, Queenstown, Umtata, Port Elizabeth and Mt Ayliff to enhance customer care and efficient service delivery.
- Faculty Training Institute (FTI), the professional ICT training institution in the Western Cape, has opened a Johannesburg training centre to meet growing demand from corporate organisations and individuals in Gauteng for its services. This follows a recent run of six public business analysis and project management diploma courses handled for corporate-sponsored candidates or individuals, with more than 250 people drawn from more than 20 large corporate clients graduating in these two important disciplines.
- Storgate, the sole-distributor of the Seagate brand in South Africa, has confirmed that in accordance with Seagate's extension of its warranty period on all hard disks to five years (previously one to three years, depending on product), the same length warranty period will apply in the local market.
- SAP has announced the appointment of EPI-USE Systems as its Special Expertise Partner (SEP) for Human Resources for sub-Saharan Africa. These specialised partnerships aim to allow SAP to communicate and co-operate closely with its partner companies. SAP defines communication channels for these partners, particularly at the operational level (sales, consulting, regional support organisations, and marketing), but also at the product management and development levels.Says EPI-USE Systems director, James Brits: "Depending on market conditions in specific countries or geographies, SAP may offer partners the opportunity to specialise in specific areas, including market segments/industries, products, or special services."