* ISSUE 197: TELECOM NEWS - IN BRIEF
I thought you should know that there is a slight error in your report on TeleAccess in issue 197. Tele-Access was eliminated from the SNO process in SA - in about June last year in the first round of presentations to the Department of Communications. They did not make it to the next stage where Communitel and Two Consortium were adjudicated by ICASA. But as you know the whole SNO process in SA has turned into something of a fiasco.
* ISSUE 197: THREE NOT TWO VOIP SERVICES
I am not sure where you get your source of information, but you are certainly not right in saying that there are only two operators offering offering VOIP in Mauritius. There are three:
1. Paging services is an ITSP (Internet Telephony Service Provider)
2. Data Communications Ltd is an ILD operator and launched its services on VOIP since the 5th of January.It offers both prepaid card to the public and postpaid to corporate.
3. Mauritius Telecom will be offering VOIP services (NOT YET)
Data Communications Ltd