TELECOM RATES, OFFERS AND COVERAGE
- Ghana Telecom has embarked on an expansion project to increase its Akim Oda telephone exchange system from the 1,000 to 3,000 lines.
- MTN Nigeria Communication Limited has finally bowed to consumer pressure and announced a major review of its billing system, which gives subscribers the option of being charged per second.Subscribers on MTN’s Pay As You Go (PAYG) will pay a tariff of N39 per minute peak time while off peak-call would be charged at N36 per minute.The current tariffs stand at N50 per minute for peak periods and N40 per minute for off-peak periods irrespective of the terminating network. Téléphonie mobile: Tougan est rentrée dans le réseau TELMOB
- The province of Tougan in Burkina Faso has been connected to the network of mobile operator TELMOB.
- SA’s Telkom has announced a new range of shops and retail outlets to service customers. It intends to replace its service-only outlets with modern retail shop fronts.
- Kasapa Telecom, a cellular phone operator in Ghana, has launched another innovative product to attract customers. It claims that with the new product, anyone could start a communications centre business for under ¢1 million and added that "the Kasapa Gold card also ensured that your business would not be interrupted for such frequent top-ups.
- Kencell Communications Ltd will reward its subscribers with Sh1,000 worth of air time by participating in an interactive SMS game launched yesterday. However, the winning subscriber will have to be the 1,000th one. According to KenCell, participants will receive an SMS from Yes! quoting their position in the game for every SMS sent.
- SONATEL has put business customers on monthly rather than quarterly billing.